Extracorporeal Magnetotransduction Therapy (EMTT) for regeneration and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal disorders
Extracorporeal Magnetotransduction Therapy (EMTT) with the MAGNETOLITH® opens up new possibilities in regeneration and rehabilitation. The areas of application include diseases of the musculoskeletal system such as lower back pain and tendinopathies of the rotator cuff or achilles tendon.
EMTT differs from general forms of magnetic field therapy or PEMF due to the high oscillation frequency of 100 – 300 kHz. This property enables a high penetration depth (18 cm) and a large range of indications.
At a glance
- Non-invasive, ambulant therapy – no reported side effects
- Wide range of therapeutic applications
- High oscillating frequency with deep penetration
References of significant therapeutic effects with STORZ MEDICAL EMTT devices
Krath, A. et al., Journal of Orthopaedics, 14(3):410-415, 2017.
Electromagnetic transduction therapy in non-specific low back pain: A prospective randomised controlled trial
Klüter, T. et al., Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, 37(4):175-183, 2018.
Electromagnetic transduction therapy and shockwave therapy in 86 patients with rotator cuff tendinopathy: A prospective
randomized controlled trial.
Gerdesmeyer, L. et al., The Journal for Foot and Ankle Surgery, 56(5):964-967, 2017.
Electromagnetic Transduction Therapy for Achilles Tendinopathy: A Preliminary Report on a New Technology.
Klüter, T. et al., Journal of Orthopedic Research and Therapy: JORT-1113. DOI: 10.29011/2575-8241.001113, 2018.
Electromagnetic Transduction Therapy in Patients with Chronic Aseptic Osteitis Pubis
Ringeisen, M., Ludger, G., Presentation at the annual congress of the umbrella association osteology (DVO), March 2018, Dresden.
Therapy of traumatic/mechanical bone marrow edema with electromagneto-transduction therapy [in German].
The MAGNETOLITH® in daily practice
Treatment with MAGNETOLITH® is comfortable and straightforward:
- The patient does not have to undress
- Effective fatigue-free work for the user
- Applicator positioning by hand or with the flexible holding arm
- A treatment session lasts between 5 – 20 minutes depending on the indication
- Adjustable frequency up to 10 pulses/s
- High-frequency magnetic field (100 – 300 kHz)
- Continuous and reliable operation by water-cooled applicator
- Click & Connect-Mechanism for a flexible applicator positioning
- Simple plug in & plug out to change applicator
- Integrated touch display to adjust energy level, frequency & pulse rate
- Degenerative joint diseases
Signs of wear and tear, e.g. arthrosis (knee, hip, hands, shoulder, elbow), herniated disc, spondylarthrosis
- Pain therapy
(Chronic) pain, e.g. back pain, lumbalgia, tension, radiculopathies, heel pain
- Sport injuries
(Chronic) inflammation of tendons and joints, tendon overload syndrome, osteitis pubis